- We moved 8 truck loads of our stuff over to our new house the night before all our help showed up. We thought we were making the move a little easier by having this done. Our awesome help showed up with not one, but two 30-foot trailers and a third smaller but useful trailer. We filled them all. How in the world did we accumulate so much junk? I've thrown away so many things and have donated so many things to the goodwill, it's surprising that we still have things left to fill this new house! Seriously, I should have taken a picture of what the garbage men had waiting for them at this curbside last Thursday. It was a little embarrassing.
- We moved in last Saturday then went back to clean the old house. I thought with 2 previous open houses that required lots of deep cleaning that it would be easy to clean. We were so exhausted from the night before that having to be done to turn our keys over by 7pm was really pushing us to the limits. We were finally 100% completely done with the old house at 6:55pm!! Just in time!
- Then we still have all the unpacking to do at the new house. Little by little we are getting settled into our beautiful new home. Luckily the walls are all painted a warm neutral color so my craving to paint can be put on the backburner for a little while. I've become quite the carpenter putting together 2 dressers and an entire bunk bed for the girls! I'm proud to say my skills are top notch and the beds are in fact safe to sleep on. Ally LOVES her new bed. I had to get the quilt at Walmart that Karen found for Hannah, and we found the cutest butterfly sheets at Target. Now if only she had pink walls...
- Nichol B. was so sweet to offer to help me unpack one day. She came over for 5 hours and we got 2 rooms unpacked, more importantly my kitchen was put in working order. We organized all the cupboards, got every single pot and pan, dish, utensil and cup that I own in a cupboard and I still have more space. I love my new kitchen!! It's my favorite room in the house. I love the colors, the appliances, the floor, the cupboards, the island, everything! Yippee for me! You all have to come and see it!
- During our unpacking ordeal, Nichol's and my kids were more than bored since there's only dirt and goat heads in the back yard. She decided to send them on a treasure hunt. She came up with a list of things they had to find before they could come back home like 2 Pepsi cans, a piece of sheet rock, a rusty nail, a feather, a bird's nest, etc. There were probably 10 things on their list. So while they are all out looking, we continued to unpack. The kids came back about 30 minutes later with all of the things they found. Nichol acted all excited to see their treasures when I heard her GASP! She told me to come look at what they found! Sure enough, they found the 2 pepsi cans, rocks, nails, feathers, and the real treasure was in a small leather bag. I opened it up and found 2 lighters and a bong that reeked of old pot, cannibis, mary jane, weed, or ... MARIJUANA!! Can you believe that? The kids thought it was a firework. I'm sure someone out there will be a little disappointed that their secret hiding place was discovered - it was in the old barn behind our property. Oh, the things we have to worry about...
- We mapped out our property for a detached garage, pool, playground, garden, and extended patio and are currently installing the sprinklers around all of that. We dug trenches on Saturday, laid the pipe yesterday, will finish the pipe and attach the sprinklers tomorrow, and will lay the sod on Saturday. All of this is possible so soon because of the 3 days it took us to pull the weeds off of this property. I have a lovely, golden farmer's tan as proof of all our yardwork. Gotta love it.
- We are up to our eyeballs in projects that need to be done and are trying to function on a normal summertime schedule in the midst of all the chaos. There's swimming lessons, swim team, soccer, gymnastics, family reunions, and the normal everyday things like breakfast, lunch, dinner, naps, baths, diapers, laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, haircuts, paying bills, mowing lawns, maintaining weight, etc...... This list could go on and on. There is not enough time in the day is there?!?!
- Projects for the very near future include finishing the sprinklers and laying sod, planting our trees and shrubs, going to Spokane to buy a playground since the Toys R Us here won't order one for us, building said playground, getting landscaping rock and pea gravel for playground, building fence, extending patio with 60 feet more of concrete, converting the garage into a preschool by adding vents for heating and air, taping and texturizing the walls, painting, building a wall to partition off the shop - making the city of Pasco happy that our garage will still "function" at the end of our driveway, start building the 24'x36' shop that will be the preschool by the next school year, and excavate the big hole in the yard that will be our pool next summer.
That's it! That's what has been keeping me busy. Are you surprised I'm still functioning? At times I wonder what the heck we were thinking by doing this, but I want to do it so badly!!! I know that once the preschool is going and our house is completely unpacked, our yard is done, etc., that we will know we did the right thing. We love our new house, our new neighborhood, the property, all of it (except the dirt and the goat heads). It's just hard work getting settled in. So if I'm a little sporatic in my blogging you don't have to wonder why. I'm also too lazy right now to post pictures. Maybe next time!!
In the words of Ty, "There's only one thing left to say. Welcome home, Myers family, Welcome Home!"
11 comments:
Wow...I'm tired just reading it! I'm sure it's great to be done moving, even though there are still tons of projects! Congrats on everything!:)
I was going to write the same thing Susie said, I'm tired just reading it!!! It will be amazing when it is all done! Good luck on all the work ahead of you!
WOW! Ditto to what has been said. The worst part about a new house is all the yard work, projects, and etc. that need to be done. Your backyard sounds like it will be the best kids play place ever. That sounds so fun! Good luck getting all those projects done! Yeah, I also want to see some pictures next time you get a chance!
You guys are so smart to put all of that stuff in your backyard. Your kids will never want to go anywhere else! I don't know how you are doing it all, and with your kids in tow. That's pretty amazing.
Kim, you're amazing! I can't wait to see it! I know it will exceed all expectations!
Is your body ready to give out on you? You guys have got to be dead! I am so glad you are back online!!!
My brain hurts after reading all of that. Sorry we're not going to be able to come up this summer. Maybe we can come up in the fall when there is no chance of getting sucked in to doing yardwork.
I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see your gorgeous new home!
Wow, sounds like such a great house for you! You guys are real troopers to do all that in just a few weeks! I'll stop whining about our tiny projects! :) You better come say hi when you come to spokane. We can't wait to see you guys!
Good Grief. Thats a lot of stuff to do. And the mundane chores everyday. But home is the best. good luck.
Congratulations Myers Family! That list makes me want to go back to bed! Good Luck!
Post a Comment