
I have a couple of pictures of our backyard. I wish I would have taken more "before" shots. The weeds were seriously horrible before we pulled them. You can see where they are already growing back in the places we didn't lay sod.
6000 square feet of sod.
A meager 12 hours of laying sod.
Blistered, bruised, dirt layered, sweaty body from laying sod.
Love , love, LOVE laying sod. Anyway, I completely understand the saying "growing like a weed"!! It's only been a week and we need to pull them again! UGH!!!

The big open space on the left is where the shop/detached garage/future preschool is going. This strip of dirt is for our square foot garden. We did the SFG method last year and were highly successful at it so we wanted to try it again. We saved room for 8 4'x4' boxes. The big open space on the right hand side is where our pool and playground will be. The pool won't happen for another year but I'll post pictures of our playground next week.
Of course there's a time to work...
and a time to play!! 
Much to my husband's delight, we finally got our boat back yesterday. It's been in the shop since May. He was so giddy about being able to take it out for FHE last night. We went out to Charbeneau after he got off of work, and played till the sun was setting. It was beautiful and the kids (Jeff included) loved every minute of it.
Hope you all are enjoying your summer!!
Until next time...
12 comments:
Your yard looks great already. Good work Meyer's family. Everything looks so organized and well-thought out. Can't wait to see more pic's of your place.
Wow, your yard is so much bigger! i bet you love all the space! Jason said to tell brady hi. he liked the water pictures and wishes he could play with Brady. Why was your boat in the shop? Glad you're enjoying the summer.
I can not believe you guys already have your lawn in. Way to go, laying sod is so exausting.
I'm so impressed with your new yard! Your lot looks huge! I love the river pics too! I believe in following good hard with with good hard fun...or is it the other way around??
So fun! The yard is fabulous (except the mowing might not be so fun).
Looks great. Good job. I wonder if you saw my daughter out at Charbonneau on Monday. She was out there boating with her cousins for FHE too. So fun.
That was my daughter Jocelyn....forgot to mention that.
Your house/yard looks amazing! I can't wait to see the inside!
Love the pictures!
Paris Hilton, huh?
Yeah. What's with Paris Hilton? Have fun mowing that yard. Too bad we don't live closer. I could help swim, I mean mow.
Too bad it's Paris Hilton. I like this song. I know... why admit it? Doesn't anyone else like this song or am I the only one?
I've never heard the song before...thanks for opening my ears to Paris' talent! Glad you're having fun breaks in between all the work!
You have gotten a lot done! Looks good! I love the river pictures as well, you have to have time to play or the work will never get done!
Post a Comment