Luckily, we don't have to worry about our covered wagons and horses. We could barely survive 3 weeks without a television! Jeff and I considered not renewing our contract with Direct TV after we moved to the new house. We somewhat enjoyed the silence. Other people survive without television. Besides, there's just way too much to do and we wouldn't have time to sit and waste time in front of the TV. That was all until my ears couldn't handle one more whine and gripe about there being "nothing to do!!" Or "why can't we watch our cartoons anymore?!?!" Or "we've already seen all these movies!" All said in the melodic whiny tune that brings me so much joy.
So we called Direct TV to come out and do whatever they needed to do to get these whiny children off our cases. Yesterday, in only 4 short hours of wrapping cable around our brand new house, installing the satellite to our brand new roof, we finally have cartoons again. And this is what you'll see if you come to our house right now.
My poor, cartoon deprived children just can't get enough. The TV was on cartoon network all day yesterday and first thing this morning. Not only that, but Brady has overloaded the DVR to record every single Pokemon cartoon from now until the year 2015. He's in heaven. Aren't we spoiled?
So, thank you, Pioneers, for showing us how truly miserable it could have been.
For your listening pleasure, here's the link for my music for this post. I couldn't get it to work and play automatically.
7 comments:
This was so hilarious! I know that my house would sound the same way without a good cartoon or two. We've been pretty good about the TV this summer. The kids have actually enjoyed playing together, if you can imagine, and have read much more than usual. But on those super hot days where it's just dangerous to let your kiddos play outside, the TV comes in HANDY!!!!
I'm glad you will finally have some silence. At least for a day or two more...
I totally know what you mean...there's times I don't want to have a TV...but I just have to say that right now in my life...I NEED IT!!!
I agree, when it's a thousand degrees outside Kendle just wants to take a break in the cool house and watch the tube for a while. I think personally the pioneers would have been happy to have something like that to keep their kids out of their hair.
My favorite thing about TV is the DVR. That thing is so awesome! I love being able to record anything! Good tip about Pokemon. I'll have to tell Tyler about that one. He liked the movie we rented at the library, so we might be recording it now too!
Oh my gosh, my summer goal for 2 hours of TV per day lasted about 1 day! How can they love seeing Pokemon over and over? They are the same episodes Jeff and Drew watched 10 years ago!!! So I am also a bit OD on cartoons, but you have to admit, you can't even find anyone to entertain them better than cartoons!
I agree with you Kim, our children are so spoiled and I am pretty sure mine would quit or die before the end of the first day of trekking in the heat, in a long dress, pushing or pulling a wagon, and walking and walking and walking...
I mean, they whine about walking to the neighbors a few houses down. I really am grateful for such brave and strong pioneers, and wish my kids would buck up a bit and get tough!
Post a Comment