January 25, 2007

The List

I love reading these on other friends' blogs so I decided to do one of my own. These are in no particular order just random thoughts. I promise some of these were written before I read some of yours, it's funny how many I have in common with some of you.

100 things about me:

1. I make the cutest babies ever - of course with Jeff's help.
2. I've always been self-conscious of my skin. Too moley, bumpy, hairy, oily, etc.
3. I prefer a huge salad with tons of veggies over chocolate any day.
4. I love seeing other people's handwriting. I'll try not to judge you for it.
5. I have a weakness for office supplies. I love them.
6. I love finding a good pen. The way it writes, the way it feels in my hand. Weird, I know.
7. My #1 pet peeve is seeing non-handicapped people parking in handicapped spaces.
8. My #2 pet peeve is poor table manners.
9. I can use my toes as fingers.
10. I can gallop like a horse to the Lone Ranger with my mouth.
11. I love Dr. Pepper.
12. I always have room for McDonalds french fries. Anytime.
13. Potatoes are my favorite food.
14. I have a bachelor's degree in Speech Pathology.
15. I aced my sign language class but can't remember a thing from it.
16. I will cry everytime I see The Color Purple.
17. I know all the words to "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix A Lot.
18. I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
19. I once had a kidneystone the size of a 9mm bullet that had to be blasted into tiny little pieces before I could pass it.
20. I've passed so many kidneystones I can't keep track of them anymore.
21. I broke my arm when I was 6 while pretending to fly off the dirty clothes hamper in my Wonder Woman underoos.
22. I have always wanted to be left-handed.
23. I totaled my mom's car when I was 17. I was left with 8 stitches in my face, a neck brace and an eye patch. Arrgh!
24. I am still afraid to dive into the water. I can't do it.
25. My favorite color is brown.
26. If I like something of yours, I'll copy it.
27. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a copycatter.
28. I love taking pictures.
29. I would love my own photography business.
30. Laundry is my most despised household chore.
31. I love American Idol. From the hilarious auditions to the finale. I won't miss one episode.
32. If money were at my disposal, I would get hair extensions.
33. I could eat Swedish Fish till I exploded.
34. Same goes for peanut butter M&Ms.
35. I was a cheerleader all through high school.
36. I got lost when I was 4. I was left behind on a pre-school field trip. The family that found me adopted me. Just kidding. That's what my brother's always told me later.
37. I cut my brother's hair with my electric leg razor when I was 13 and have been cutting hair ever since - but with real clippers.
38. I've had 2 c-sections.
39. I love scrapbooking.
40. I've been scrapbooking since 1986.
41. I've never had a cavity.
42. I used to speak with a southern accent.
43. I've dieted once in my life and have lost a total of 29 pounds so far.
44. I'm artistic.
45. I can come up with some pretty corny jokes.
46. I love when people laugh at something I said.
47. My feet grew a 1/2 size with every pregnancy. I used to wear a size 8 now it's a 10.
48. I tell my mom everything.
49. Once I won $15 playing the nickel slots in Vegas. I was only 19.
50. I can play the piano.
51. I can throw a frisbee perfectly every time.
52. I am the most non-athletic female known to mankind. I'm afraid of balls.
53. When I was little, I used to break bread like for the Sacrament and eat it all by myself.
54. I love making my kids' birthday cakes.
55. I'm obsessed with other people's eyebrows. I love when they are plucked perfectly.
56. I've lived in California, Georgia, Washington, Idaho, and Utah.
57. I am obsessed with people's toes. Cute feet are a rarity, especially in our family.
58. My first concert was New Kids on the Block.
59. I have Lenny Kravitz's autograph.
60. I've been to New York City.
61. I was interviewed and on the news in Seattle while attending a Sonic's game as a Sonic's fan at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City.
62. I love sewing my kids' halloween costumes.
63. I'm still in touch with some friends from junior high.
64. I was so stressed to start junior high that I was in the emergency room the night before school started with a pinched nerve in my neck that made it so I couldn't move my head.
65. I was horribly shy as a child. Then I tried out for cheerleading and made it.
66. I love playing board games.
67. I am not a thrill seeker. I'd much rather watch.
68. I rarely if ever am seen without make-up on.
69. I've only had cheesecake for my birthday cakes.
70. My favorite flower is the sunflower.
71. I can garden.
72. I can can.
73. I've never made homemade bread.
74. I've never seen "The Ten Commandments"
75. I can roll my tongue.
76. I was born on my mom's due date.
77. I am a real "Valley Girl". I was born in San Bernadino Valley County.
78. I talk to my mom about 10 times a week.
79. I was engaged when I was 18 - before I was engaged to Jeff.
80. I've been to Hawaii.
81. I pop my knuckles obsessively.
82. I can't chew gum without making it snap.
83. When I feel a sneeze coming on, I have to look at a light to make me sneeze faster.
84. Just when I think things are going great, I get a cold sore to humble me.
85. I love lemonade.
86. I didn't graduate from Seminary but got into BYU.
87. I got the "Cutest Ears Award" at my 9th grade awards assembly.
88. I've been self conscious of my ears ever since.
89. I can listen to people's labor and delivery stories for hours and hours.
90. I'm a good listener.
91. I'm not afraid to stand up for myself.
92. I'm creative.
93. A quality I hope to pass down to my children is integrity.
94. I can't stand seeing myself or hearing the sound of my voice on home videos.
95. I love family reunions.
96. I am terrified of flying bugs.
97. I love to paint.
98. I have always wanted a convertible beetle.
99. I have a testimony.
100. I have a good life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! I don't know if I could ever write 100 things. Right now I feel like there is only one thing about me and it's getting all my attention: I AM 8 MONTHS PREGNANT!

Anonymous said...

Kim, your list was so funny! I was reading this laughing out loud because we have so many of the same stuff. I also have a thing with pens, once I find one that I like, no one else is allowed to use it. This used to drive the women at work crazy! I'm almost 30 years old and still cannot dive into a pool. It scares me! These lists are so fun!

Anonymous said...

We've got to get you and Tiff together and conquer this pool diving thing...it cracks me up!

The lists are fun because it's great to learn more about people you think you already "know." Way to go for completing it!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Karen, there is so much I don't know about everyone I know. I'm glad you powered through and didn't give up. I'm ready for 101-200 what about you?

Anonymous said...

Well, that was humbling. Just when I think you're one of my best friends you go and make this list. I seriously read it thinking, "Do I know this person AT ALl?!" I can't believe how much I never knew! I loved it though, it was hilarious. I especially loved the cold sore one, and the "aargh" following the eye patch. Classic. I had no idea you were engaged before Jeff! But my very favorite was the copy cat one because I was just telling someone the other day that you are the first to admit you will totally copy something you like. Anyway, I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Kim- What a fun list! Cute ears and all!

Anonymous said...

I want to know what strings you pulled to get into BYU w/o graduating from seminary. You are too funny! Good list!

Anonymous said...

Great list, Kim. I have to admit...I never realized you could make yourself sneeze faster by looking at the light...too funny.

Kim said...

I love these lists. Whenever I go to a new blog I always try to find them. By the way. My husband's name is Jeff too.