

...but I kind of have to.
Just look at how awful my "before" picture is! I know the pose is bad, don't mind that (I was caught doing a little song and dance number to Kelly Clarkson) but look at how BIG I allowed myself to get! How in the world did that happen? This horrible picture was taken 7 months after Maddie was born and it's the biggest I've ever been without being pregnant. What's funny about this picture (and the whole reason I'm doing this post) is when Jeff saw it for the first time just 2 or 3 days ago. His mouth literally hung open for a full minute. He tried to kindly say, "Wow! I didn't realize you were that big! Look at your stomach! And your arms!" "I know!! That's why I started Weight Watchers. I was getting way too large!"
So this picture was taken in August. And (only 5 months later), I've lost 27 pounds. My goal when I started this was to lose 35 and I can't believe I'm almost there. I really am so proud of my accomplishment. But I wanted to post these pictures to show those of you out there who have set a New Year's Resolution to go on a diet, eat more healthy, get into a smaller dress size, whatever your goal may be, that you can do this! I know it isn't easy and seems like a terribly slow process but you'll love yourself and the way you feel for doing it. I only wanted to post this to help motivate and encourage but the -27 pounds is a little deserving of some recognition. So be that Big Loser that you know you are and get healthy! I know I will!
14 comments:
Wow, Kim...you look amazing! You go, girl! I am so sick of being 'pregnant' and big. It's hard to hear about all the 'new year resolution' stuff when I'm just getting bigger! But, hopefully when I'm done I'll look to you for inspiration! :) Way to go!!!
Kim you look AWESOME! I'm so proud of you too! You're right, this is definitely worthy of some major recognition! I love the "after" picture typical weight watchers pose too! Way to go!
Wow! There are a lot of explanation points in this comment!
Congratulations! I should blog your post onto our BL website cuz you really do look great!
Kim, you're an inspiration! Way to go!
I have not seen you in awhile kim but you look amazing. way to go on weight watchers. After i had conner that was the only thing that worked to get off the weight.
I forgot what your before was! Great job Kim! I needed that motivation. Kelly and I are going to do WW starting on Sunday. It's going to be a long road, but I am determined to do it. You look fab!
You're a rock star! You look fantastic and you deserve all the recognition. Hopefully I'll be there soon myself.
I'm so impressed, not only that you've lost so many pounds, but the fact that you did all this over the holidays is total willpower and determination!
You are so cute, maybe it's time to pull out those skinny jeans from the closet and try them on again :)
Kim, it's so amazing me to me because you never looked overweight to me. Whenever I told people you wanted to lose 35 lbs. they all were shocked, saying, "Why on earth does she think she needs to lose 35 lbs?!" But, yeah, when you put these pictures side by side, there's a definite difference. Way to go. And you do make it seem way too easy.
You do look great Kim, but then again, I would kill for your "before"
Wow! Thanks for the compliments everyone! It definitely wasn't as easy as snapping your fingers, it was a lot of hard work. It did take a lot of will power to stick to my points allowance, especially over the holidays but I have a goal in mind and I'll get there, I promise.
There were definitely those mornings when I woke up at 4am with my stomach growling and I was starving, and those afternoons around 3-4pm when I had to stuff carrot sticks in my mouth because dinner time was just not close enough! But little by little added up to quite a bit and now the difference is noticable.
Good luck to everyone else hoping to lose weight! I think The Biggest Losers is a great way to do it. It's better having the accountability and who doesn't like a little friendly competition? Good luck!
I just have to say good for you!!! I am a weight watcher myself and it does work great. I have kind of "fell off the wagon" and I need to get back on the program I just dread the first two weeks, because I get so hungry. Your post is an inspiration! Thank-you and way to go!
Yeah for Kimi!!
You have been inspiring to Chris and me, especially since YOU kept it up during the holidays! Maybe in another 6 months, I will have just as a dramatic picture to show!
I LOOOOOOVE weight loss victories!!! Congratulations even though its been awhile!!
Post a Comment