
Okay, I don't know what the heck happened, I've been trying all day to upload pictures to explain why I've been so busy lately. So here's the pictures and apparently Blogger gets to decide the
order it wanted to put them in. So, I'll explain what we did and you'll have to find the picture that goes with it!Last Thursday, we decided to take the kids to Coeur d'Alene to go visit Santa. I know, there are plenty of Santas here in the Tri-Cities but this one was actually at the North Pole and you could only get there by ferry! So we are all on the ferry and looking at all the Christmas lights and displays that they had on the lake and it was awesome! We arrive at the North Pole and Santa and Mrs. Claus are both waiting for all of us. They are so excited to see us all and everyone piles outside, on the ferry, across from the marina where Santa was. Santa then proceeds to read all of the names on the "good list" and of course it included every single child's name that was on that ferry. Cameron's name happened to be first and everyone on the ferry knew he was the "Cameron" that Santa said. The kids were all excited to hear their name. Then Santa asked if we had enough Christmas Spirit to make it snow. We all yelled back that we did. He told us we had to sing "Frosty the Snowman" and to watch what would happen. While we were singing, "snow" in the form of teeny tiny sudsy bubbles began to fall all over us and it really looked like snow. It was so fun and definitely worth the drive out there.
Then, since Thursday was Maddie's 1st Birthday, we celebrated on Friday with the Behrens, whose son Mason also shares his birthday with Maddie. All I know is that was the fastest year I have ever experienced. I can't believe my baby girl is already one! We thought it would be fun to let them mess up their cakes together since we were both in the hospital at the same time, Maddie is only 4 hours older, and they were also blessed on the same Sunday. As you can see, Maddie literally tore into her cake. She was washing her hair in it, fingerpainting on the wall with it, standing in it, sitting in it, digging in it, and occasionally getting a bite in. There was not a square inch on her body that did not have chocolate on it. It was fun to watch but a nightmare to clean up. That's what it's all about, though, right?
Then on Saturday we were given last minute tickets to see the Nutcracker. I was so excited to see it, since I'd never seen it before, and Ally was so excited to see real life ballerinas. We absolutely LOVED the performance. It was so wonderful, the set, the dancers, everything. But when the boy ballet dancer came out in his tights, even Ally noticed it revealed a little more than we wanted to know about him. She said, "EEWWWW!! Mommy, that's gross! I don't want to look at him! Why is he wearing girl clothes, and why is he dancing like a girl?" I tried to tell her that boys can dance in ballet, too, but she didn't understand. Everytime he turned, front or back, she would say, "EEEWWWW! I don't like that!" I told her just look at the girl dancer. It was still fun.

So that's what kept me busy this past weekend. I don't have an explantion for the other 7 days. I didn't realize I hadn't written for 11 days. I hate to disappoint my fans in China and Brazil. Not to mention my hometown fan base. So here it is! I'm back!
12 comments:
I know what you mean about the boy dancers. Josh was having the same reaction that Ally was! I'm always so impressed with Mid-Columbia Ballet's Nutcracker. For the Tri- it's pretty good! And of course it's one of Hannah's favorite things to do all year long!
We have never been, maybe when Brynnlee gets a bit less wiggly we can join the tradition.
That sounds like alot of fun maybe next year we will try it as well. I am glad that you are back and blogging, it really does get a harder to do when you have a bunch of big activities to plan
Holy Cow!! I love Maddie all dressed up in Chocolate!! I know it is a mess to clean, but it is so much fun to watch!! You can tell she was very enthusiastic about her cake!! What a cutie!! But then, I am just a bit prejudiced!! :)
Kim, China and Brazil called me, they're so happy you're back. I'm so glad you enjoyed the Nutcracker, you must have been sitting by some awesome people! Every year my Nutcracker experience is the same, and every year I swear I am not bringing Macy again and every year I'm back there with her squirming on my lap asking for food and wanting to go home. But it's a tradition I just can't seem to break!
I was wondering if I needed to call and see if you were okay! Every day I thought, "for sure she will update the blog today!"
I look forward to doing fun traditions like that with our kids. You guys do some fun stuff! That ferry ride and Santa sounds sooo cool! Thanks for updating us!
AND I want all the details on the Santa Ferry ride, we are up for doing that next year.
That Santa trip does sound awesome! What a crazy week.
Okay Myers! We miss you!
Are you going for a record???
Myers, its official. We miss you now please update the blog- AGAIN.
<3
Post a Comment