You asked for it, you got it!
Seriously, who has time to blog at a time like this? This Christmas spirit is seriously bringing me down! I don't know what my problem is. I can't do anything on time anymore. Our stockings weren't hung on the chimney with care, they were tied up to the banister while I'm complaining under my breath about my kids who think Santa won't find them if we don't hang them up. I barely finished my Christmas cards and still have to get them in the mail. Our letter was a complete headache to get printed. It's too long of a story to write out in detail but the recipients better like it!
I thought this year since we never give cards to "locals" that we would order enough for them, too, since our picture was way cute. Then I decided we've been receiving lots of goodies that I'll make some goodies to deliver with the cards to the "locals" and am attempting to make homemade Caramel Popcorn. It took me 30 minutes to find the Karo Syrup at Walmart. Where are those blue vested people when you need them? Why wasn't it on the baking aisle where it's supposed to be? Doesn't that make more sense than sticking it on the very bottom shelf under the maple syrup on the breakfast aisle? UGH!!!! It's driving me crazy!!!! Our kitchen is a complete wreck, not to mention the family room is turned upside down while we're trying to install a hardwood floor at the moment.
Seriously. We're trying to install a hardwood floor just minutes before Christmas of all things!!! And because of that, my out of shape hamstrings were seriously pulled like taffy while trying to get the glue down to get each individual plank adhered to the floor. So now I can barely walk, climb up the stairs, let alone squat to sit on the toilet and the whole time I'm cursing that floor that is taking way too long to finish. We're only halfway done and that's taken 4 days already!!!
Jeff is on call till Tuesday so he's at work ALL DAY LONG, he'll call on his "break" and ask what I've got done so far. UGH!!!!! Let me just sit in a tub and soak my cares away!!!!!
Maddie woke up with a fever this morning and I thought I better get her to the doctor quick if she's coming down with something especially before the holiday. So my wasted trip to the doctor turns out to be just a viral infection that needs to run its course. UGH!!!! Couldn't it have just been an ear infection since she's already cranky? I'll even take strep throat! Anything to explain the fever and the fussy, clingy baby syndrome. Viral? What is that?
My kids will be lucky if they have any presents under the tree with how many times I've threatened to take everything back if they won't KNOCK IT OFF!!! I am definitely only getting lumps of coal for Christmas. I've turned into Ebeneezer!!!
Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
Glad to know that I'm not the only mom feeling more of Ebeneezer's spirit than the Christmas spirit. I just keep telling myself, "It's alomost all done, we're getting to the fun part..."
I know how to spell "almost", I swear.
Post a Comment