February 17, 2009

Look Who's Back!



After 15 long, overwhelming, strenuous, mentally exhausting, arduous months, my brother is finally home from Iraq!! This was his 3rd deployment in only 5 years. He's home safe and sound and for that we're so grateful! He came home yesterday and I can't wait to see him in person this summer! Welcome Home, Scott! I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your Pizza Hut, root beer, Charmin toilet paper, and everything else you were deprived of. :)

Go here to see his homecoming video taped by my sister-in-law. (Pause her music first to hear the video.) I love how they all walk in formation and can imagine everyone looking for each other! How exciting. Gives me goosebumps seeing so many soldiers coming home and hearing the excitement of their loved ones just waiting to get their hands on them! You can spot my brother at the bottom of the screen at 5:16-5:17 on the video. When they found each other is when the video cut out! Welcome home all 350 of you! We're so glad you're home!

13 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so thankful for those serving our country and am happy that your brother has returned safe and sound. I'm sure it will be quite the reunion when are your family's all together. Thanks Scott!

Shayla said...

What awesome news! I'm so excited for all of you.

Anjeanette said...

Wow! Three times in five years. He must be good at what he does. Very grateful for everyone serving for us. Glad he is home safe. :)

::lindsay said...

That's terrific! I'm so excited for you and your family! I'm sure this has been such a crazy, and exhausting journey for him. Welcome home, Scott!

Jessica said...

How exciting for you and your fmaily. I'm sure it's an amazing thing to know he's home safe, and enjoying the little things in life!

Debie Spurgeon said...

That's fantastic. The video is amazing. It makes me so grateful and appreciative. The reuniting of loved ones is awesome to watch. Welcome home!!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow! It is good to have that behind him (and us!) We're so happy to hear you made it home Scott! Enjoy the good life!! And congrats to GariJo too. That's got to be a sweet reunion.

Sara said...

I am so glad he is safe and sound. Give him all of my thanks for serving our country.

tharker said...

What a relief for your family to have him back home!!

Thank you Scott for your service to our country. Thank you for all of the sacrifices that you have made to help protect our freedom.

P.S.
I'm thinking that Cameron looks a lot like his uncle!

Michelle said...

This is awesome!!
Scott, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Amy J. said...

Wow...3 deployments in 5 years! I can't even imagine having to serve that long and often, but I am so grateful for all the men and women who do. Welcome home! So glad you are safe.

Alicia Leppert said...

Has it really been 15 months already?! It seems like a few months ago that he left, but I'm sure not for you guys. I can't believe he's home! How exciting!!!

Leslie Garbanati said...

LOVE IT! Made me cry! I am always in awe of the sacrifice given by others. Your family is blessed by his sacrifice and I bet your MOM is so relieved!!!