January 22, 2009

My Better Half - A Tag

I couldn't ignore this tag coming from my sister-in-law! She's a new blogger on my brother's old blog and I love that she tagged me! Thanks, Kim! I love these things anyway so here goes:

1. Where did you meet your husband? We first met at Ricks College in 1992. We were in the same ward. We never dated each other though. I joke that I wasn't his type, a blonde fake-n-baker. That's okay because I was already engaged. Our paths crossed again 3 years later at BYU in 1995 - obviously my engagement was called off - and we had a semester's worth of classes together, 4 audiology classes. I knew I recognized him from somewhere but since we both had a boyfriend/girlfriend at that time, we still never dated. It wasn't until I moved into his ward by chance the following semester, and we were both single at the same time in Feb. of 1996, that we started dating!


2. How long did you date? Our first date was on Feb. 15, 1996, we got engaged on April 12, and married on Sept. 13. We dated for 7 months.



3. How long have you been married? 12 1/2 years



4. What does he do that surprises you? Jeff surprises me with all sorts of things. He surprises me with getaways that he's planned all by himself, he surprises me with gift certificates for pedis or massages, and he surprises me with things that make my jobs easier like making the kids' lunches before he goes to work or cleaning the kitchen, the laundry, scrubbing toilets, etc.


5. What is your favorite feature of his? This one is hard for me, so many to choose from. I love how tall he is. (6'5") But I'd have to say I love his physique. He is so lean and muscular without going to the gym! Not that I would even like the muscleman look all buff, tan and hairless, but have you seen Jeff's legs? He's got biker/runner legs. They are NICE! And his arms? Make him flex for you sometime. Nevermind, I found a picture!



6. What is his best quality? He's a great husband/father. He loves us and shows us in so many ways. Everything he does is for the benefit of our family.




7. Does he have a nick name for you? We'll keep that private. ;)



8. What is his favorite food? He's a meat lover. Give him filet mignon, ribeye, new york, baby back ribs, roast, you name it, and he'll say it's his favorite.



9. What is his favorite sport? Whatever's in season at the time! He loves ALL sports. But if I had to pick just one, I'd say it's basketball. He's SOOO upset about losing his all time favorite Sonics to Oklahoma but he still loves the sport. He's currently coaching Brady's basketball team! Woohoo! Go SharpShooters!



10.When and where was your first kiss? Our first kiss was a whopping 3 weeks after our first date! We were in my apartment saying goodnight after a date. I later asked him what took him so long to kiss me and he says he didn't want to ruin his chances with me if he moved too fast. He wanted to make sure I knew that's not all he wanted. How sweet is that? Let me tell you, it was well worth the wait. He's a GREAT kisser!




11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Um, that's private, too. ;) But my second answer is probably our date nights, dinner, movies, playing games.




12. Do you have children? We have 4 beautiful kids. 2 boys then 2 girls. Perfect.






13. Does he have hidden talents? Only a few people know what a great baker he is! He loves to make us chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, rice krispie treats to name a few.




14. How old is he? He's pushing 40... but don't let that fool ya'.





15. Who said I love you first? He did.





16. His favorite music? He likes all kinds. But, I'd have to go with 80's Heavy Metal. Like Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Poison, AC/DC, GunsNRoses, Motley Crue. He'll probably read this and want to rebuttal. I'm not sure what his favorite music is.





17. What do you admire most about him? I admire his dedication to being healthy. He's got a horrible history of heart disease, cholesterol, and high blood pressure coming at him from both sides of his family and is trying through good eating and exercise to prolong any diagnoses for himself. He makes his health a priority, and it's rubbed off on me. I still HATE to exercise but he is a motivator.





18. What is his favorite color? Blue.




19. Will he read this? Probably, if he has time to kill at work. I'll most likely ask him if he read my blog lately and make him read it at home.


I'm not sure who to tag! If you would like to do it, then please do! It's a great one to do for a Valentine's Day post. Keep it in mind!

15 comments:

tharker said...

I never knew that your paths crossed so many times before actually dating each other. Someone was definitely watching over the two of you, and leading you toward one another. Great story for your kids and grandkids!!

I'm so impressed with all that Jeff does to stay healthy. I am positive that because of his example that your kids will also value good health.

chris jenkins said...

it was fate for you to be together.

what a great post! i will have to do this sometime :)

Kristi said...

It sounds like you two were meant to be together! And what a great couple you are. I love the photos that go along with your post. You have so many poignant pictures. You are so blessed to have such a great guy for your husband!

Jodi said...

Aw, I like this tag. I love hearing how people met and their "courtship." Sounds like you guys have a wonderful relationship! Good thing you guys were finally single so you could date eachother. I'm curious about your other engagement though...

Rachael said...

So, I know this post was about Jeff, but the thing I was most excited about was seeing your family picture you told me about! It turned out amazing! Hearing how people met is one of my favorite things, and your's is a very good story. I'm with Jodi, next gno I think we need a little history on your life before Jeff...

Anjeanette said...

Love hearing about how people met. I am so glad Jeff is so good to you, you are such a cute couple. You have a beautiful family. Really wished we lived closer. It's hard to find good, fun families to hang out with...

PRP said...

This was a good one. I might have to copy it!

AOlson said...

This was fun to read. I love hearing the stories about how people met and got married. I might just copy this tag, too:)

Kris said...

Thanks Kim for posting this. I loved reading about how you guys met. You guys are so cute together. Love your answers to some of the private questions. :) You guys have a beautiful family. I'm impressed with how fit and healthy your hubby is. So cool.

Lisa said...

adorable...that's french for adorable.

Alicia Leppert said...

Man, if the Myers' house is rockin', don't go a-knockin'. I bet I could guess his nickname for you...

What a fun post! I'll have to do this, too. I can't believe I've never heard the story of how you met before. It's a good one.

And who knew Jeff was so ripped?! You have such a sweet husband, we love Jeff!

Sara said...

You two are a great couple and so cute.

Janeen said...

Kim – I ran across your blog while visiting Susie’s. Your family looks like a lot of fun. I have to say it is so much fun finding friends and seeing what is happening in there crazy life when this crazy life is the whole reason we lost contact in the first place.

Our blog is private do to some crazy people stalking us so if you would like to see what is going on with the Hansen’s go ahead and email me and I will send you an invite.

I love your post. It makes me think the great beginning Chad and I had.
Janeen Meneghini Hansen

Abby said...

That was a great post. It was fun to hear how you guys met- I didnt' know the story... amazing that you guys crossed paths several times during the years. It seems like I was too young and in my own world whenever we had our fam reunions and got together, but I wish we could at least live closer to visit and get to know your fam and stuff. At least I know Jeff is an awesome husband and dad to your family, and a great uncle too. Good for him for exercising so much to prevent any health problems... it feels so good to workout:) Your kids are so adorable.

susie said...

I never kissed Jason Ebert! Unless it was on the cheek or something...I'm pretty sure I would have remembered that!!! I loved all your memories. They made me smile!