The obligatory "wait at the top of the stairs to see what Santa brought" photo

Santa was so kind this year. So kind. He brought everyone exactly what they asked for. Maddie got the purple Barbie Cruiser...

... Ally got the Hannah Montana version of Guitar Hero...

... Cameron got a white DS (to differentiate between Brady's black one - his specific request)

... and Brady got a LIVE black corn snake. He specifically said he wanted an "alive" snake. So, yes, here he is completely elated with Santa's gift. Meet Slytherin. Or Sly for short. Slytherin eats thawed out baby mouse fetuses that take residence in our freezer! Blech. Fascinating to watch him eat though. Slytherin has since died since this photo was taken. RIP Slytherin. Stay tuned though ... he will be replaced! (Brady's birthday is next Monday)
I thought I caught some pretty good expressions this year. These were just a few.
The kids were excited to get Guitar Hero. We all love trying to beat the songs, but Brady has definitely earned the "hero" status in this house. His fingers are flying on some of these songs! He's passed all of the easy, most of the medium and is a little stumped on the hard ones. Here he is mimicking Uncle Chris and getting 100% on an easy song the day we plugged it in!
Rock on, Brady!
And, thanks to Grampa, we were able to purchase a Wii this year! Tracking one down was a feat in and of itself, but was well worth the hassle, the standing in lines and the fear of walking out to the parking lot with the loot begging to be mugged. We've loved playing the few games we have and I hate to admit, I was nursing a Wii Bowling injury shortly after learning how to play! I was so sore for days after getting my high score of 188. I think I tore my rotator cuff or something! But it's been fun. Let me introduce to you some of our Wii Celebrity Mii's:
If you can name our celebrity mii's correctly, you win a prize! Just kidding. Like I have time for a giveaway. But I would love to see your guesses! Here are our family mii's:
And here are some more favorites:
Uncle Chris is one of my favorites! It looks just like you, Chris! :) Like I said, we've been having way too much fun. This was a great Christmas for us and we're still feeling the after effects!
Happy Holidays! :)
22 comments:
Great post! Love the Kelly Mii! The Mii's are so fun to make! We had a great time spending the holidays with you guys!
Isn't the Wii the best present ever??? Santa dropped one at our house too and we just wrapped up a family bowl for FHE. Love it!
Slytherin is the perfect name for a pet snake. So sorry to hear he isn't around anymore (kind of wastes a good name!)
I can't believe that you had snake in your house. That's very nice. Not me. I couldn't do that. Love the Mii's. So cute. We love our Wii too. It will be nice getting it back from the Wii Dr. :) Glad you guys had a great Christmas.
You are so brave to let snke in your hosue. I don't think I could sleep knowing it was in my house. Jacob loves the Guitar Hero he got for Christmas, too. We will have to get them togther so they can have a band!
Looks like you had a great Christmas! I've been trying to comment on people's blogs that I follow and I have really enjoyed reading yours, going back from the beginning. It's been nice to see you a couple times in the past week! You have such a CUTE family!
I'm so excited you have a new post up. Yah!!! Christmas morning pictures are the best. I love how "awake" everyone looks. :) And we have the same obligatory picture at the top of the stairs. Too cute!! And I'm so sorry to hear about Slytherin. I wanted to get the boys a corn snake, but Mick said NO WAY. I thought they "lasted" longer. Oh, and love your Miis!! They're so fun.
Oh, and I'm VERY IMPRESSED with Brady's Guitar Hero skills. I'll have to show my boys that picture! ROCK ON BRADY!
Jason was seriously sad about Brady's snake! We will always remember Sly fondly. Loved the picture of Brady!! We'll have a great time when we get back together.
It sounds like your family really had a fun Christmas - Santa did good on everyone's presents. You are so brave to get a snake, I would be way too chicken.
We love the wii!! We have been having Mario mania over at our house with Mariocart and Mario Party. We actually played for six hours yesterday.
Making Mii's is by far my favorite part of our Wii.
Hope your family is having as much fun with yours as we have, it's a real family time for us.
Sly is dead?! So--you found him?! Aw, that sucks.
My kids got so excited when they saw the Mii's over my shoulder, and were so disappointed that there's weren't there.
Love all the Christmas pics!
I love the mii profile pictures, is the first one Oprah? Thanks for posting even though you are super busy.
I love the pictures you snapped of your kid's opening their Christmas gifts. Their expressions are so great! Every time I tried to get a picture, my kids would inevitably turn away, so we have a lot of shots of the back of their heads ;)
Your family Mii's are awesome!
What a happy time for your family! You are a brave mom to let a snake in the house. Even if he only lasted a couple of weeeks.
Looks like you had a great Christmas!
We love our Wii too. We love love love mariokart, endless hours of fun. :)
Have fun with all your new things!!
We also got a Wii and have loved playing it. We actually just found Mario Cart yesterday. We have been looking everyday, and they have been sold out. My family is playing it as I speak....I mean type. Your Christmas looked great. Your kids are so cute. Sounds like life is good for you all. Hope to see you soon... And yuck....a snake! I couldn't do it.
I need to blog more often! I love getting comments!
Lisa- we'll definitely be reusing the name Slytherin. Too perfect for a snake! We should have named this one Houdini though. Keep reading...
Alissa- thanks for coming out of hiding! I can't believe you've started at the beginning of my blog. You must have HOURS and HOURS of time to kill! Happy reading! I love it!
Jodi- corn snakes usually live 20 years! Keep reading...
Alicia- no we haven't found him yet. The escape artist is surely DEAD by now because it has starved itself. That's the only consolation I have since we have not found him yet. He's dead! He's dead I tell you! There is NOT a live, harmless, non-poisenous baby corn snake somewhere in my house! And I'm sorry I didn't post your family's mii's! I should have!
Sarah- yes! The first one is Oprah! Then we have Michael Jackson, Elvis, Cher, Harry Potter, and Stephenie Meyer. :)
Sounds like we need to get MarioKart for Brady's bday present!
Great little update. I love the Wii. At first I thought you were going to post of some Wii accident and I expected pictures of a broken TV like those at www.wiihaveaproblem.com
My parents have one and we spent a lot of Christmas vacation up there playing Mario Kart. Great game. They also got the WiiFit for Christmas. There's a great (though my mom doesn't think it is great) youtube video of my mom playing the soccer wiifit game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C47MSA8ufOQ
And lastly I can't believe you have a snake somewhere in your house. Watch your pinky toes at night while you sleep. They look an awful lot like baby mice!!!
OK...perfect name for a snake and I have got to here more about the fact that he is missing and presumed dead! I love that he thought you may give him a dead snake. :)
I had only been able to figure out two of your celebs...MJ and Harry Potter.
I really do miss your posts busy woman!
All I have to say Kim, is that you are a really nice mom. I mean a really nice and a really brave mom. I could no do a snake, not could I remain so calm if one escaped somewhere in my house. I am glad to see you post again!
Post a Comment