Crop For Her Cure
Friday, November 9, 2007
Location and Time TBD
This will be a scrapbooking crop with a mandatory entry fee, silent auction, scrapbook supply swaps, make and takes, door prizes, etc.....
with every single penny raised to be given to Rochelle.
I've already emailed over 100 companies asking for donations, am planning on hitting all the local scrapbook stores for more but what we need is for people to know about this. Please tell everyone you know to plan on coming to this event. Like I said, this is still in the early planning stages but we should have more concrete details in the near future. Just set this night aside now and support this cause!!
16 comments:
Kim, this is the most awesome idea!! I hope everyone will support this!!!! I will give you a donation when I come the end of the month!! Please pass on my hope for a speedy recovery, she will be in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like she has a ton of friends and family who will be behind her in this...a most welcome thing when you face this beast!!I will wear pink on Nov.9!!
What a great idea Kim! I probably won't be able to go to the crop, but put me down for a donation also!
Hey, we actually crop that weekend too. I will talk to my group and see what we can do. Amazing idea!
Kim-
Great idea!! Let me know if you need help.
Great idea! I have a few ideas for this, and count me in! Depending on how many attend, we could host this at my clubhouse. I will email my scrapbookers too. :)
Fantastic idea! I'm in for whatever you need and I'll start spreading the word. This is going to be fantastic!
This is a great idea! I will start spreading the word!
I love that when a challenge like this arises, there are always amazing people that step up to make a difference. Good luck, I love this idea and would love to help.
I can't wait. This will be awesome and I really think will be SO successful. Kim, you rock with your ideas and willing to get right in there.
Thanks, girls! I'm really excited to do this. I think it will be really successful.
What you all can do for me right now if you feel up to it is make 10 Christmas cards that we can use as door prizes or auction items. Everyone can do that, right? Our ward's card club is doing this for Rochelle's crop instead of our monthly card exchange this month. Encourage your wards to do this, too, instead of swapping with each other if you have a card club. Julie, maybe your group could make some cards, too? That would be great!
I'll let you all know exactly what we'll need when we get all of our brainstormed thoughts into concrete ideas. There's so many possibilities and we keep coming up with more!!
One more thing, if you have scrapbooking supplies that you just don't need or use anymore, you can donate those to this crop and we will have a "scrapbook swap" with these items. We will be able to put together baskets to be auctioned off or have a table full of these supplies that you can purchase at the crop. Remember ALL the proceeds are going to Rochelle so the more we have, the better!
Thanks for all your support. I will definitely need it as we get closer to the 9th! We want the most to come out of this event! Please keep her in your prayers!
I love this idea, Kim! I'm more than willing to do my part!
We are going to be gone that weekend:( But I would love to make some cards and donate some stuff!!
Kim, I'm not a scrapbooker, but I'm willing to help in other ways! I have no supplies or anything! This is heartbreaking. Thanks for all your hard work! It's times like this that I am soo grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! The way people pull together for a great cause is so amazing! I've contacted people in my ward to help with the Fast. I hope just getting the info. out will help! Please let me know what else I can do!!!!
You are an awesome friend, Kim!
Great idea. I will make some cards, let us know what else we can do.
Post a Comment