Well, today is my husband's birthday! A birthday post is in order! Let me tell you 39 reasons why I love my husband. Why 39 reasons? That's right. This old man is desperately hanging on to the last year of his 3rd decade. Next year is a whole other story!
Warning: This may cause you to love my husband just like I do. If you would rather not take that chance, just skip all this and head straight to the comments section and wish him a Happy Birthday instead!
- Jeff is loving. He adores me and his kids and shows us all the time. He's not ashamed to hug and kiss all of us constantly.
- Jeff is thoughtful. He's great at planning secret getaways.
- He's a hard worker.
- He is stronger than an ox!
- He takes care of his extremely fit body with good foods and exercise. He loves training for races whether on foot or on bike. He would love to train in swimming to one day compete in a triathalon.
- He is smart.
- He is handy.
- He believes in this.
- He honors his priesthood.
- He is a returned missionary and served in New York City. He has some great stories to tell from his mission.
- He looks forward to date nights with me.
- He scratches my back even when he's tired.
- He's a sports fanatic. A Seattle sports fanatic. Maybe not something to really love about him but it's who he is.
- He loves watching his kids play sports and understands their competitive natures.
- The poor guy thinks he can dance. He loves cranking up the music and dancing with the kids.
- His loyalty.
- His honesty.
- He's kind to everyone.
- He willingly serves when he's needed.
- He refuses to completely grow up. Not only does he not look his age but he doesn't always act his age either. I'm learning this is not always a bad thing.
- He's a better housekeeper than I am.
- He's mastered Banana Bread and Rice Krispie Treats.
- Our pillow talk sometimes ends up in a big cry fest for me and he lets me complain, vent, panic, sulk, waaah-waaah-waaaah, all the time just listening and offering loving advice.
- Seeing my good side and my bad but still loving me anyway.
- He's planning for our family's future.
- He loved his parents so much and lost them both before his 34th birthday. He was a rock to his mom before her passing even though it was the hardest thing for him to do. I admire him for that.
- He's always the first to aplogize. I need to work on that.
- He'll come in and watch Oprah with me after the kids are in bed.
- He's terrified of bees and has a hysterical bumblebee dance.
- He loves to garden as much as I do.
- He thinks I'm a great cook.
- He's always on the lookout for bargains.
- He pays our bills and does all the grocery shopping.
- He doesn't care if my legs aren't shaved.
- He would never harm a fly - unless it's a spider.
- He held my hand on our first date.
- He's a great kisser.
- He calls me from work and lets me know he was thinking about me.
- He doesn't stink. Seriously, the man can go days without deodorant and you'd never know!
There you have it. Just a few of the thousands of reasons why I love my husband.
My kids came over and asked what I was doing and wanted to add their own to this list. Here's their answers:
- Brady: Cause he plays with us.
- Brady: Because he loves me, too.
- Brady: And he's funny.
- Brady: There's just so much that I just can't think.
- Cameron: Cause he plays with me.
- Cameron: Because he helps me with the basics.
- Cameron: He's nice.
- Cameron: He takes me places like to the Seahawks games and the Pasco Bulldogs games.
- Cameron: He supports me.
- Cameron: He goes to work to get money for us.
- Ally: Because he says I'm cute.
- Ally: He always loves me.
- Ally: He always keeps me safe.
- Ally: He always listens to me.
- Ally: He does claps with me at bedtime.
- Maddie: Because I am Myers.
- Maddie: Because he hold me.
- Maddie: Cause I want to.
- Maddie: He 2. He what? 39? Oh.
Jeff, we hope you have a great birthday today. We can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with you! So glad you belong to us!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEFF!
11 comments:
Not afraid to say I love Jeff! He is all those things (and more)! I ALWAYS remember his birthday! Each year, the day after Halloween, I always just smiled and think of him.
Love you Jeff, even though you made me get down to pose for a picture looking like I was eating dog food!
Hope you have an awesome 39th Birthday!!
WOW! What a list! Have a great 39th year!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! 39 no way! I love the list.
Oh I can't wait to welcome you to the 40 club, Jeff!!! Happy 39th. You still look and act like you're 29. (darn it!)
I think Jeff is the greatest guy. Bill felt very honored to spend the majority of his birthday with him. (Have Jeff tell you his reaction to learning he was ten years older than Bill.) I loved Maddie's answers. For Jeff's birthday, I won't tell him what her real first answer was!
Happy Birthday Jeff! I hope it was great!
Awwwww...I love this post. I took a chance and read all of the 39 things you love about your hubby and I love that you love him so much. I think it's great! We still need to double again. Happy Birthday Jeff!! Hope it was everything you wanted (especially since it's your LAST 30 something birthday). ;)
Happy Birthday Uncle Jeff!
I'm glad you posted about that- I feel like I hardly know him anymore :( sad.. he sounds like my Dad :) Kid at heart, very hard worker, sport fanatic, handy, honest, on & on. And the kid's list was adorable... i love your kids already . They are SO DANG CUTE!!! If you are EVER in Texas- please come visit :) Vice versa w us :)
Very fun! Happy Birthday Jeff!
Ok... your warning was great. My favorites (besides the kids) was the bumble bee and spider ones...funny stuff. Happy Birthday Jeff. Awesome post Kim!
Post a Comment