Lots of things have made me smile lately and here's a few:
- Cameron had his last football game last Saturday and his end of the year Pizza Party on Tuesday. He had a great team and a wonderful coach who wanted to make sure Cameron was coming back next year. (Ugh...) Cameron said, "My mom won't let me." Is it that obvious? Sorry, Cam. Let me think about it. All I know is One down, one to go! Brady still has 2 weeks left.

- Getting advance tickets to this. I can't wait!
- Speaking of Twilight, my husband started reading it! WOOT WOOT!!
- Only 9 more days till I go and see this! I can't wait!
- The weather! Has it been gorgeous or what? We recently took the boat out again and the kids actually swam in the 68 degree river. Crazy kids just trying to hang on to the last bits of summer.

- Ally loves writing letters. She recently wrote a letter to her teacher, Mrs. Smith. At the very end of the letter she wrote, "I love you Mrs. Sh_ _" completely butchering her last name and using an expletive that is NEVER uttered in this house! It was so funny to read and Ally really had no idea of her misspelled word. Needless to say, Mrs. Smith will not be receiving the letter.
- And finally, a recent trip to Wal*Mart - which I wholeheartedly DREAD - had me laughing. I had to pick up a few food items, nothing major, and then had to pick up a few toiletries on the complete opposite side of the store. Maddie was with me. So we're leaving the grocery section and start heading over to the other side. Here's what you'll see according to Maddie.
"Der's socks!"
"Oooh. Purses!"
"Der's bags!"
"Look! Boobs, Mom!"
"More boobs!"
"Lots of boobs, Mommy!"
So, if you'd like to keep your next trip to Wal*Mart within the G rating, I'd recommend not taking a shortcut through the bras.
Until next time...
21 comments:
That is hilarious! At least don't take the short cut with a tiny little tour guide. :)
lol! Just last night...Brooklyn poked my boob and said, Ball? Kids are so funny!!!!!!!
Hilarious, even after already hearing it. Ally's letter!!! That is so funny, especially because we had such a similar experience when Macy tried to spell "I love church" (drawing in Sacrament Meeting) and spelled "I love crotch." Uh....
Oh, and I cannot tell you how happy it made me to see your name in my Google Reader. Welcome back!!
I don't know how you football moms are doing it! I would go crazy!
Maddie is so funny. If you think about it, Wal-Mart really does have quite a large "foundation garment" selection.
Yay! A post from Kim!!!
The letter to Mrs. Smith is so funny! Ally is so sweet for writing her teacher letters.
How fun will it be to see Twilight? I am excited!
The looks on your brave boys' faces in that 68 degree water is priceless.
I need to take Mattie with me the next time I go to Wal*Mart. I could use the laughs! Funny, funny girl.
The last part about Mattie made me laugh. Thank you, I needed that today.
That is so cute, I'll never be able to pass that section without that going through my head now. I need a reason to smile in Wal-mart.
The idea of swimming in cold water makes me cringe, kids don't care do they.
Fun times Kim.
I just love little ones and their innocent thoughts that everyone gets to hear. That was so funny. By the way, Beth and Lane (Landons parents) are headed Sunday to see Phantom. I am so jealous!!! Enjoy your fun times.
I love your kids football pictures. It does seem like such a drag sometimes I'm sure to be shuttling back and forth to practice, but I love football. Can't wait for Morgan to be that age.
I'm with everyone else, I will not be able to pass the bras without thinking of Maddie's comment. Priceless!
It's hard to find time to blog when you're busy with preschool! I feel it!!!
Good to know you are alive and still can shop at Walmart!
I think I tried on every one of those "boobs" last Saturday. Great football photo. I would love to see more of the 2000 shots you got of the boys playing.
Have you shared that cute story with Mrs. Smith?
Your girls are hilarious. The letter cracked me up. And the bras! This reminded me of Kaiya the other day. She grabbed 2 of my nursing pads and asked if she could wear them.
Hey, I watched the trailer for Twilight, and it actually looks pretty good! Maybe I'll trick Tim into going somehow! :) It has been so lucky to have warm weather, but how soon it goes! 28 degrees tonight. boo hoo. I'll keep looking at your cute boat photos and dreaming.
I just Love that Maddie girl!
I enjoyed your testimony yesterday. Thank you for sharing it! I too am grateful for the ladies who have helped me though I didn't know them very well. Some now have become great friends whom I love!
Hey, check out my blog to see what award you've won.
I sooooo love to read your blog Kim! I'm glad that I didn't miss too much when I was without a computer. This post was hilarious! I loved it!! The misspelling of the teachers name...the boobs commment...everything. Davis just noticed the word "boobs" and said, "WHAT THE...? Were you supposed to type the word books?" Boobs are an unknown at my house -- you know with all boys and their mom not having very much...
So are you sure Ally really likes her teacher? That is classic.
Easton is done with football too, I couldn't be more happy bout it. Graycie's got a few more soccer games left and then we're golden.
Today was gorgeous, and it was so good to see you.
I remember being around 6 or 7, and not being able to stop giggling when we went past the lingerie in JCPenny. Whether it be little boys or little girls, for some reason boobs are funny. In fact, I giggled when I wrote that. I guess some things never change!
hey jeff & kim- it's abby- your niece!! you can check out our blog too. i'm excited i found your blog- through Anjeannette's. Anyway, your kids are SO CUTE. I have never even met Ally or Maddie. And the boys were just little. You've got an adorable family. They probably wouldn't even remember me.
Keep in touch*
Post a Comment