WE ARE DONE WITH DIAPERS!!!
Can you believe it? I can't either! I thought this day would never come! But she did it. She has not had an accident since we started again today ... granted it's only been 6 hours ... but this time it's different! Do you want to know what FINALLY did it for her?
This:

You're thinking it's the pull-ups, right? You're WRONG!
It's the little girl cheering herself on while sitting on the big girl potty! THE PICTURE!!
Maddie was so excited for this little girl with her hands in the air saying, "YAY!", that she couldn't wait to do it herself. So my mom and I made a HUGE deal about being able to throw her hands in the air and say, "YAY!", too, but only if she went potty in the toilet. It worked!! So we put a pull-up on her and she has gone potty 5 times in only 6 hours! Every time throwing her hands in the air and saying, "YAY!" just like her friend in the picture! She is staying dry in order to celebrate! That, and she also said the princesses would be sad with potty on their faces. (We also reward her with 5 skittles, too. So much to look forward to!) We even had to cut the little girl's picture off of the box so Maddie can carry it around. Yippee! Thank you Huggies and happy, little stranger celebrating on the toilet! You've given me something to be very happy about!
NO MORE DIAPERS, EVER!!
21 comments:
That is the funniest and cutest thing ever. I can totally see her carrying the picture around and throwing her hands in the air. How exciting! Thank goodness for 'happy, little strangers'!
ah, some day....
Hallelujah indeed! That is completely exciting, especially since she's the last of the line. No more spending like 40 bucks at Costco for a box of diapers!
The last one...truly an accomplishment! Mom needs a party for training four times over and finally being done. :-) YAY!
The princesses WOULD be sad with potty on their faces.
So funny, so exciting. I can't believe the picture of the girl did it for her. Here's to no more diapers.
That is quite the milestone! Yay for you...and your budget!
This is too funny. I have read more poop and potty posts in the last two days than I have my entire blogging history! :) This is definetely something to celebrate!
Congrats Kim and Maddie. How exciting to know that you are done with Diapers. Glad it took the Huggies and the happy little stranger to celebrate. I'm sure Huggies would be so proud!
Kim, you just crack me up! The happy little girl on the package saved the day and Maddie carrying her picture around is just making me laugh. Congrats to Maddie and yay for you too!
Congrats! I love that you cut the picture out for her to carry around...whatever works, right?
lucky.........
someday, someday........
Horray!! Can't wait for that day to come in my life....some day I hope.
That really is something to celebrate. Congrats, Maddie!
You never know what it's going to take. No more diapers is huge!!!
Great job mom. Potty training is not my strong point. In fact, I despise it. But I've got two more to go in my lifetime.
That's not fair. I only get 4 skittles when I go in the big boy toilet. I guess I should just be happy with what I get and not complain.
I can't wait until I can say the same for Kelsie. I don't think she is even close to being ready for potty training yet. CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!
YAY!!! Throw up your arms and shout HURRAY! You have a big girl start today! (sung to the tune of "You Had A Birthday"-is it have or had?) Anyway, that's so exciting! And I just love how you tell stories-you're so funny Kim! Did you buy a couple of boxes of pull-ups? That was an awesome deal.
Happy you have that off your list!! Love the song! Sorry that we missed our afternoon with Maddie on Friday. But I know you understand! :)
Woo-hooo!!!!! Great job Mattie!
(love the Mo-Tab cheering you guys on!!!)
I can't congratulate you yet, I am still too jealous.
I am totally laughing!!! I love that you have the choir singing praises of joy! What a glorious day!
Post a Comment